Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You never regret a workout.

So true.

Lately, I've been very sluggish and less excited about my workouts. Maybe because this is week 8 of half-marathon training (only ONE more week!). But I LOVE to run, and I LOVE all forms of exercise, so why am I being slow to roll off the couch?

I'm not really sure.

But I do know, that once I do, I feel high on life.

Kind of like Exhibit A:


I think the other week's vacation to St. John put me in a food and drink coma, and my body's just now figuring out that that lifestyle was only for a few days...not every day.

I sure do miss it though...






On second thought - snorkeling, eating 10x my portion size, and ordering every frozen drink imaginable is the life, so I guess, I can understand why my body has been a little slow to get up to speed.

Workout

Last week's workouts were pretty horrendous. I did them, but I felt off. I felt terrible. I felt out of shape.

Justin and I did our final big long run this past weekend, and instead of enjoying it like normal, I felt out of touch. This probably was because the first 6 miles were relatively flat, and the following 5 miles made me feel like I was running up Mount Kilimanjaro.

But we did run 11 miles! YAY!

Monday was a glorious rest day, even though I don't really like rest days. I love being active. But it's essential for my body to repair itself, so I do it.

Yesterday, I did my third body pump class at my new gym! I LOVE IT. Followed by 3 easy miles.

Today's workout was a cycle class! I haven't done one in almost 2 months and forgot how much I loved it. I almost didn't go because I was so nervous about it for some reason. However, the instructor was awesome and had great/sweet/amazing/awesome music.

Dinner

I've been a smoothie making machine lately. I even had one for breakfast this morning.

Tonight I made a Peanut Butter & Banana smoothie from Carrots 'N' Cake.

Ingredients:

-1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 5 cups of ice

Delicious.

Smoothies are a great quick meal when you're on the go. However, I do love to actually chew my food, so I think I'm going to actually cook tomorrow. :)

Smile of the Day

Getting back into spin and strength training! These past couple of weeks have been mainly running since I didn't make the time to check out a new gym after my move. But I love them so much, and they actually make me love running more since I'm changing up my routine and not doing just one thing :)

Also, hooray for blogging again! I've missed it...and will be back to my food-taking-picture ways starting tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment