Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Best Part of Waking Up

...is Folgers in my cup and breakfast!

It's my favorite meal of the day. I truly look forward to it every single morning.

I used to wake up and put a bowl of oatmeal in the microwave and then eat it as I was running out the door, but now I seriously spend about 20 minutes enjoying my breakfast. Some would probably prefer to sleep in more, but once you get a taste of my traditional eggs and toast with peanut butter and peaches, you'd start hopping out bed a few minutes earlier too ;)

However, this morning was something new - protein pancakes. I love pancakes way too much, but always feel a little guilty after I eat them because I know they're not the healthiest meal.

Insert protein pancakes. They are amazingly delicious, keep you fuller longer, and are good for you!


I could hardly finish both of these because they were that filling. I also didn't get any mid-morning snack cravings and was able to wait to eat lunch until 2pm today. Winner!

Another delicious pancake recipe to try are whole wheat blue berry pancakes. I made them earlier this summer and they were delicious and a little lighter than these. The whole wheat pancakes are less than 200 calories too (not that I count, but it's good to know)!

Today's protein pancake recipe came from Carrots 'N' Cake.

What I love most about this recipe is that it only calls for a few ingredients and is super quick and easy to make!

Protein Pancake Recipe


Ingredients
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder

Directions
1. In a bowl, mix together ingredients.
2. Preheat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in half of the batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
3. Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
4. Once cooked through, top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or anything else your heart desires.

Makes two pancakes.

I topped mine with Greek yogurt, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and black berries.

I might make this for Justin this weekend after or before our 9 mile run Sunday morning. But then again he's kind of traditional with his meals, and even though he likes healthy food, he's doesn't always seem to think my healthy meals are as great as I think they are :) We'll see!

Question

What's your favorite meal of the day?? Do you prefer something sweet in the mornings?

I think I love breakfast so much because it is sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment