Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TEAM AMERICA

Happy post Fourth of July weekend!!!!


Thank you to all of you who defend our freedom day in and day out.

I celebrated my freedom the old fashioned way...

...by the pool...


...with yummy food hot off the grill...


...and last, but not least, sparklers...


It was the best weekend!! Plus, I got lots of rest, and did lots of reading - my kind of weekend for sure :)

Also, today starts day 1 of half-marathon training! Yayyy!!! It was supposed to be an easy 3 mile run, but my Achilles is being a little funny after my long run on Saturday, so I substituted 3 miles on the elliptical. Not my ideal way to start training, but I'd rather not push it since I have 8 more weeks until race day!

Also, here's a recap from last weeks final week of training freedom:

Monday: REST
Tuesday: HEAT TRX (60 min. of sprints and suspension training)
Wednesday: 4 mile run
Thursday: HEAT (60 min. of sprints and strength training)
Friday: REST
Saturday: 6.5 miles
Sunday: 3 miles

Total: 16.01 miles + 2 hrs of strength training

I'm a little annoyed that my Achilles is being "funny" and am doing my best not to push it too much, but I'm soooo antsy to push myself! This body needs to start acting it's age...but in the mean time...I'm going to finish my suspenseful, page-turning book from this weekend!

How did you spend your Fourth of July?? Did you get a workout in or celebrate with good food??

0 comments:

Post a Comment