Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Goals

Since half-marathon training begins next week (eeeee!), I've started writing down my work out goals for each week. Last week was the first, and it was a success!

I wanted to make sure that I was on track for my first training long run, so I've been building back up the running mileage/routine since I've been focusing on strength training this past month.

My first training long run will be 8 miles, so even though I consistently run 4 miles as my go-to run, I chose 5 miles as Sunday's long run.

I woke up at 7am on a Sunday, which at first felt awful, but as I previously mentioned, was worth every lost minute of sleep.

Here's how last week's goals panned out:
Monday: 3.8 miles
Tuesday: HEAT Beach Body (60 min. intervals + strength training)
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: HEAT (60 min. intervals + strength training) + 4 miles
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 2.3 miles intervals + jog
Sunday: 5 miles + HEAT

Total = 22.63 miles + 3 hrs strength training

Sweeeeeet. No wonder my body is hurting today. Three days of strength at HEAT Studios is the ultimate success in my book for last week. It's such a kick-butt workout that involves sprinting on the treadmill mixed with strength training in 60 minutes. Results produce quickly with that kind of workout. I feel so much stronger since I've incorporated more strength training into my routine, and thankfully, it actually does reward with some toning.

Tonight was supposed to be 3 miles with the nOg Run club, but work kept me late and I wasn't able to make it. Tear face.

My shins could use a break as it is, so I'm going to substitute the run with 3 miles on the elliptical. Not my favorite machine, but once I turn on my '80s Pandora station, it will be all good!

How are you preparing for fall races? Do you feel like you're training to train?

1 comment:

  1. phew girl that is intense! sounds like i'm gunna be holding you back on our monday night runs! haha

    ReplyDelete