Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BodyRock + Booty Call

Holy moley.

I'm obsessed with BodyRock!

Granted I haven't done any of the workouts yet, but I can't stop watching the at home workouts!

I found this gem of a website through The Fitnessista's Focus On: BodyRock post today.

It's basically free at home workouts, but their mainly high intensity interval training (HIIT), which leads to maximum fat burned in a short amount of time. These are the workouts that produce results. Please just look at Zuzana's bod...


I love athletic bodies.

Ok now check out this awesome workout that I can't wait to do - hopefully tomorrow!



Talk about intense.

Ugh, I'm now obsessed.

Now I'll just have you let you know how obsessed I am with it after I actually do it :)

What I really love about what I've seen so far is that Zuzana offers several at home workouts that tone your whole body, incorporate cardio, and you can do them in as little as four minutes and still be about to die. Yikes!

Lunch

I was so excited about my super cool turkey sandwich today! I added a little something, something to make it extra special - pesto.

Pesto + avocado + turkey sandwich = something to look forward to.


I tried low sodium turkey for the first time today since it's healthier, and it seemed a little bit more dry and less flavorful, but the pesto made up for it :)

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Can you say peanut butter cookie??


I got this tasty idea from Carrots 'n' Cake. It's the perfect recipe because it only calls for three ingredients and takes 2 minutes to make. It doesn't get better than that!

Peanut Butter Cookie

Ingredients


- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp liquid egg whites

Directions


- Combine ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and mix well.
- Scrape batter off the sides of the bowl and flatten into a cookie shape.
- Cook in microwave for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!

Workout

I did a double today! Three mile run in the morning plus an evening workout consisting of an Abs Sculpting class plus Body Pump. Phew - I am whooped.

I was only planning on doing the strength training today, but as I was lying in bed last night, I came across this video:



I'm almost embarrassed that I was motivated by a video called "Booty Call", but hey, it worked!

These are the Tone It Up girls who also have great at home workouts and meal plans. They have a Booty Call once a week, and this week's challenge was to wake up 30 minutes before you normally do and break a sweat. It could be dancing, cycling, walking, running, whatever you wanted! I thought to myself, "Hey, I can wake up 30 minutes earlier and break a sweat!" I guess I'm a sucker for challenges :)

This actually ended up being the best decision I made all day. I woke up at 6am and hit the pavement for the perfect 3 mile run in 63 degree weather. Heaven. I honestly don't think I've had a run that nice since last spring. I was so at peace with myself and my thoughts. It was truly therapeutic.

Question

Have you heard of BodyRock or Tone It Up? Have you done any of their workouts?! What's your favorite lunch go-to?

I've done one of Tone It Up's HIIT workouts on the treadmill, which I loved and was only 18 minutes! #Winning

2 comments:

  1. Bodyrock workouts are awesome! I just did one this morning. You will love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather Ah I'm so excited to hear you say that!! Now I'm definitely motivated to do it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete