Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Tomorrow!

So tomorrow is finally going to happen!

It's been a fun 9 weeks of training, but I'm ready to get this show on the road. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is not so excited for me.

Exhibit A:


Darn you rain and then thunderstorms at 10am!!! If it starts lightening during the time of the race, they will cut the race from a half-marathon to a 10k. Grrrrr!

At least it's supposed to be around 58* so hopefully I won't be too chilly running. Plus, I'll have Justin by my side to keep me company.

We're packing our bags tonight and heading to Charlotte for the expo! Since we can't control the weather, at least we can control how we prepare before the race.

Must have breakfast before the race:


I love cookie dough, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to be craving it at 6 am.

Next up, Clif Energy Bloks.


I tried these for the first time during the Tar Heel 10 miler last weekend and they were delicious!! They gave me that extra boost after mile 5 to finish. I highly recommend these!
And last up, a super cool pouch to put it all in :)


Now I'm off to Charlotte for my rainy half-marathon! I'm still excited and think it's going to actually be fun in the rain. Have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment