Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Coooooooooooookies

I'm forcing myself to write this post because I'm so disappointed that I don't have any running updates to share :(

This would be because I've been resting since Sunday's run when I hurt my ankle and pulled my hamstring. My ankle felt fine when the weight was on the center of it, but if I did any lateral movement it hurt so bad. I even woke up at 4-something AM on Tuesday because it hurt on its side.

I know I'm crazy, but I still went to my HEAT Beach Body workout Tuesday morning at 6am. The instructor recommended I warm it up on the treadmill to make sure it was ok because the class involved a lot of lateral movement. Surprising this warm up did help me, and I felt fine throughout the class. I felt a little twinge maybe once or twice, but other than that I was good!

My hamstring was really tight and hurt pretty bad so I made a judgment call to take Tuesday and Wednesday off from running to ensure I'm in tip top shape for my 10 mile race this weekend and then the half-marathon next weekend!!

Most people stock up on carbs on purpose....I stock up all the time just because I love them. For some reason when I work out, I feel like I eat less. When I don't work out, I eat wayyyyyyyyyyy more. Why?!?!?

I finally succumbed to my cravings, and made cookies!!!


I have this crazy thing for cookies. I loovvvveeeee to have two warm cookies. This would explain the soft tissue around my body. But I don't give in to these cravings now that I've been running. It's only when my body knows I'm not working out that it thinks "Hmmm...since you're not working out...I guess you should be eating." I wonder if it's because I'm one of those people who feel like they have to always be doing something. So if I'm not working out...I'm eating? Hmmm...I'm going to have to fix this or it's going to be an issue.

Well now that I'm all healed up, I'm definitely going to hit the pavement and get some miles on these legs before the big day on Saturday. I'm thinking 4 miles tomorrow and then 2.5 on Friday. This should keep me rested, but mobile for my race.

Other than the excitement of the race itself, we get free pancakes afterward too!!! Ahhhh HEAVEN. I love pancakes! Yay!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment