Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Simple, Delicious Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker Recipe

During the week, I'm all about quick, simple and delicious meals.

I've especially loved using the crock pot to help me. Nothing is more amazing then coming home at night from the gym and having dinner waiting for you.


My work is close to home, so I go home for lunch every day. Thankfully, I use a few minutes of this time to throw what I need into the slow cooker in preparation for dinner. You can even do it in the morning if you can't take your lunch break at home.

Planning in advance for meals is key to eating healthy. If I don't have my normal staples in the house, I cannot throw together a quick, healthy meal. I'm always planning my next feast :)

This slow cooker recipe was almost a goner because we lost our wine opener and the recipe called for 3/4 cup red wine. I considered scratching the whole thing, but then called Justin for some words of widsom. Naturally, he recommend googling a substitute. Genius. He always has a calm response to my nonsense, mini meltdowns.

Without further ado, here is the super yummy pork tenderloin recipe. Oh, and it's cheap! I highly, highly recommend!


Simple, Delicious Pork Tenderloin in Slow Cooker Recipe
Serves 3-4
Adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
1.5 pound pork tenderloin
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 chicken bouillon cube
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Directions:
- Place pork tenderloin in the slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and crumble bouillon cube. Turn the pork in the mixture to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve the cooking liquid as au jus on the side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment